The Fehmarn Belt Fixed Link will be the world’s longest immersed road and rail tunnel.
The Fehmarnbelt Fixed Link
The construction of the Fehmarn Belt Fixed Link – the world’s longest immersed road and rail tunnel – is indeed an opportunity for developing and growing your business.
Northern Europe’s largest construction project ever, the Fehmarn Belt tunnel, has begun. Apart from construction activities, there is great opportunity for secondary tasks in a variety of industries such as transport, logistics, security, cleaning, hotel, catering, tourism and retail.
With the Fehmarn Belt Fixed Link, Lolland-Falster will become Scandinavia´s gateway to and from Europe. The area connects the three European metropolises, Copenhagen, Hamburg and Berlin, giving companies located in Lolland-Falster unique conditions for development and growth.
The opportunities for development and growth are supported by educational institutions that ensure well-trained graduates, while both skilled and unskilled labour is available in the region.
Point of contact
Head of Industries and Construction
+45 23 24 45 21
- The Fehmarn Belt tunnel will comprise a four-lane motorway and two electrified rail tracks.
- The tunnel will consist of 79 individual elements, each 217 meters long, and 10 special elements that will create a lower floor for the use of the tunnel operation and maintenance equipment.
- One tunnel element weighs 73,000 tons. The equivalent weight og 14,000 elephants.
- The amount of steel used in the tunnel is equivalent to about 50 Eiffel Towers.
- Up to 3,000 people will be directly employed in building the Fehmarn Belt tunnel.
- It will take approximately 8.5 years to build the Fehmarn Belt link
- It will take ten minutes to travel from Denmark to Germany by car and seven minutes by train.
- Motorists will be able to drive at 110 km/h in the tunnel. Electric trains will be able to go through at 200 km/h.
- The construction budget for the Fehmarn Belt link is DKK 52.6 billion
- The Fehmarn Belt link will be user-financed. Revenues from the link will repay the loans that financed construction. This is the same model that financed the Storebælt and Øresund links.
Let's give you a call
Type in your name and phone number and we will give you a call within 24 hours on working days.
Tlf: +45 7022 8901